1. Which tribe of Aborigines used the Strathfield area for fishing and hunting for 10,000 years?
2. After which renowned Aborigine was a northern Sydney electorate named?
3. Australia’s first bushranger was shot and killed in Strathfield in 1796. Name this outlaw.
4. Strathfield’s first pub was built in 1807. It is now the Horse and Jockey Hotel. What was its original name?
5. Which public sporting arena was opened in Homebush in 1841?
6. In which year was a railway station opened in Homebush?
7. The first piece of land was sold in the area in 1867. Name this estate.
8. ‘Fairholm’ is one of Strathfield’s oldest buildings. It is now a retirement village. Which one?
9. The first Anglican Church was built in 1885. Which church was this?
10. Prominent Sydney businessman William Arnott lived and worked in Strathfield. What was his business?
11. In 1870, cattle yards were erected in Homebush which later became an abattoir. What is in this place now?
12. Strathfield was given its name in 1880. What was the suburb's its original name?
13. From whose English estate of Stratfieldsaye was the name derived?
14. The Municipality of Strathfield was proclaimed on which date?
15. Name the first Mayor of Strathfield?
16. What year were the Strathfield Council Chambers built?
17. In the 1920s a Strathfield music teacher became Australia’s tennis champion and almost won Wimbledon. What was her name?
18. Which three Australian Prime Ministers hailed from Strathfield?
19. Is the average age in Strathfield getting older or younger?
20. What is Strathfield’s current median house price?
1 The Wangal clan of the Darug tribe. 2 Woollarawarre Bennelong. 3Escaped convict John Caesar. 4 The Halfway Hotel. 5 Sydney’s first racecourse, which later moved to Randwick. 6 1855. 7 The Redmire Estate. 8 Strathfield Gardens Retirement Village. 9 St Anne’s on Homebush Road. 10 He was the founder of Arnott’s Biscuits. 11 Sydney Markets. 12 Redmyre. 13 The name is derived the Duke of Wellington’s estate in England. 14 June 2, 1885. 15 George Hardie, an auctioneer and mining agent. 16 1887. 17 Daphne Akhurst. 18 Sir George Reid, William Morris Hughes and Frank Forde. 19 Defying national trends, Strathfield’s average age is getting younger. 20 $1.05 million.